The Office of Global Engagement, International Student Services(ISS) team and the entire community is looking forward to welcoming you at Rivier University. This section offers helpful information in preparation for your arrival.
ARRIVAL AT NASHUA, NEW HAMPSHIRE
Nashua may be reached from major cities by bus, train or plane. You could arrange an airport pick up directly or complete an airport pick up request. The cost of the airport transportation costs between $75-120 depending on the number of passengers you are with.
Both companies could drop you off to Nashua, NH. Airport pick up requests are due a week prior to your departure.
DOCUMENTS TO CARRY
- Passport - valid for at least 6 months with visa SEVIS I-20
- I-901 SEVIS Fee Receipt
- Financial Documents
- Rivier University Acceptance Letter
CHECK-IN and ORIENTATION
Federal immigration regulations require that Rivier University maintains accurate information of all students’ record in F1 status. All new F-1 students must meet two requirements upon arrival to the U.S.
- Check-in with International Student Advisor at International Student Services, Office of Global Engagement (OGE) Memorial Hall Room 120. Bring your I-20, I-94 and passport
- Attend mandatory orientation.
Please refer to the schedule below to determine when you report to ISA and plan for orientation. It is recommended that you arrive at least 3 days prior to orientation.
Monday to-Friday; 10:00 a.m. -12:00 p.m.; 2:00 p.m.-4:00 p.m
Mandatory Orientation Schedule
Fall 2016: August 31, and September 1, 2016
FEES AND SCHEDULE
Fees are due a week before the beginning of each semester/term. To avoid late fees, please plan to arrange funds for easy access before departure. For more information on acceptable payments please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
You are responsible in planning for your temporary and/or permanent housing. If you wish to stay in a temporary place, visit the Holiday Inn website, or the Radisson Hotel website. NOTE: Rivier students can reserve a room for a discounted rate of $89.00 (Holiday Inn) or $79.00 (Radisson Hotel) daily, tax excluded.
Please feel free to inquire and apply online.
NOTE: The off campus housing resources provided to you are not affiliated with Rivier University. It is your responsibility to be mindful of the terms and agreement of your lease before signing.
Keeping you safe and healthy is a top priority at Rivier University. All international students are required to obtain health insurance; check-in with ISS is incomplete without proof of health insurance.
Before leaving your country, it is recommended to have the following vaccinations: meningitis vaccine, measles, mumps, rubella vaccine—series of two Hepatitis B, and tuberculosis screening. It is also advisable to meet with your doctor and have complete medical, vision and dental examination.
It is your responsibility to buy a plan with the best medical coverage. Online access to Health Insurance carrier options is provided or contact email@example.com for more information.
SEVIS Transfer to Rivier University
If you are transferring from another educational institution in the United States, please follow the following steps to obtain SEVIS I-20 from Rivier University:
- Transfer Verification Form Information: Our university cannot issue you an I-20 until your current school has completed the Transfer Verification Form and released your record in SEVIS to the Rivier University. The form will be sent to you as soon as you notify the International Student Services Office. Please work with your current school to properly complete the form and ensure electronic transfer of your SEVIS record.
- Your SEVIS record can only be transferred to Rivier University once you have been admitted to the University.
- ISA recommends you discuss the transfer process with your international student advisor at your current institution. Be sure to discuss any interim travel or work plans, as they may affect the transfer procedure.
- IF you are still in your home country, and have decided to transfer to RU, it is strongly recommended that you go back to the US Embassy who issued your initial F1 Visa to request an update of your visa annotation to Rivier University. This case is applicable if you have been admitted to RU and have received an I-20 from us.
NOTE: As soon as you get admitted by RU, send a copy of your Rivier University acceptance letter and the SEVIS Transfer Release Form to your current international student advisor. To access the release form, please click the SEVIS Transfer form.