- Cunningham, P. F. (1992). A sacred story ,Insight, 1 (1), 75-80.
- Cunningham, P. F. (1995). Topics Awaiting Study: Investigable Questions on Animal Issues ,Society and Animals, 3(1), 89-106.
- Cunningham, P. F. (1996). Revealing Animal Experiments in General Psychology Texts: Opening Pandora's Box. American Psychologist, 51 (7), 734-735.
- Cunningham, P. F., & Randour, M. L. (1998). Alternatives to the use of animals in education, Psychology Teacher Network, 8(4), 8,11.
- Cunningham, P. F. (2000). Animals in Psychology Education and Student Choice. Society and Animals, 8 (2), 191-212.
- Cunningham, P. F. (2002). Using individual student and program assessment data to improve learning. In Alverno College Institute (Ed.), Student learning: A central focus for institutions of higher education (pp. 157-160). Milwaukee, WI: Alverno College Institute.
- Cunningham, P. F. (2003). Animal Use, Student Choice, and Non-Animal Alternatives at 'America's Best' Colleges.” ,Teaching of Psychology, 30 (3), 288-296.
- Cunningham, P. F. (2005). Standardized assessment tests. In J. O. Nichols and K.W. Nichols (eds.), A road map for improvement of student learning and support services through assessment (pp. 244-256). New York: Agathon Press
- Cunningham, P. F. (Summer, 2005). Animal Addiction Experiments in Psychology: Promises, Problems, and Prospects. AV – Magazine of the American Anti-Vivisection Society,pp. 24-26.
- Cunningham, P. F. (2006). Transpersonal Education: Problems, Prospects, and Challenges. International Journal of Transpersonal Studies, 25, 62-68.
- Cunningham, P. F. (Spring, 2007). The Inner Life of a Teacher. Rivier College Academic Journal, 3(1). Online journal.
- Cunningham, P. F. (2007). The Challenge, Prospects, and Promise of Transpersonal Psychology. International Journal of Transpersonal Psychology, 26, 41-55.
- Cunningham, P. F. (October, 2009). The Problem with a Darwinian View of Humanity. American Psychologist, 64(7), 623-624.
Cunningham, P. F. (2011). The Apparition at Medjugorje: A Transpersonal Perspective -- Part 1. Journal of Transpersonal Psychology, 43(1), 50-76.
Cunningham, P. F. (2011). The Apparition at Medjugorje: A Transpersonal Perspective -- Part 2. Journal of Transpersonal Psychology, 43(1), 77-103.
Cunningham, P. F. (2011). Are Religious Experiences Really Localized Within the Brain? The Promise, Challenges, and Prospects of Neurotheology.Journal of Mind and Behavior, 32(3), 223-249.
Cunningham, P. F., and Ramos, P. (2012). Involuntary Experiencing and the Performance of Test Suggestions. International Journal of Clinical and Experimental Hypnosis, 60(4), 416-431.
Cunningham, P.F. (2012). The Content-Source Problem in Modern Mediumship Research. Journal of Parapsychology, 76(2), 295-319.
Cunningham, P. F. (in press). Explaining Consciousness in Mind-to-Brain Transmission—The "Hard Problem." Journal of Mind and Behavior.