Applicants for Rivier University's Doctorate of Education (Ed.D.) program must have earned baccalaureate and master’s degrees from an accredited college or university and a GPA of 3.25 or better in courses at or above the 500 level.
Transfer credits: Nine graduate credits less than 10 years old may be transferred into the Ed.D. program with the approval of the Ed.D. Program Director.
Once all application materials have been received, applicants may be invited to interview with the Admissions Committee for the doctoral program. Applicants will receive notification regarding the status of their application.
To apply to Rivier University's Doctorate of Education (Ed.D.) program, submit the following to:
The Office of Graduate Admissions, Rivier University, 420 South Main Street, Nashua, NH 03060
- Ed.D. application form: Available online as a pdf or from the Office of Graduate Admissions
Our office of Graduate Admissions is ready to assist you with the application process.
Office of Graduate Admissions Phone: (603) 897-8219
Fax: (603) 897-8808
- Official transcripts from all colleges or universities attended
- GRE test scores within the last five years in verbal, quantitative, and analytic writing
- Current resume or curriculum vitae documenting at least three years of work experience
- Statement of purpose: A three-page essay that states your professional experience and how that experience relates to your intended doctoral study; your rationale for pursuing doctoral study; a statement of a research goal(s), problem, or question you intend to pursue through doctoral study or are interested in researching; and the ways in which doctoral study will contribute to your personal and professional experience and enhance your career goals and plans
- Three letters of recommendation:
• one from a present or former employer who can address your professional experience and leadership potential
• one from a current or former professor or colleague who can discuss your ability and potential for advanced course work, scholarship, and research
• one from someone who can speak to your personal and professional character
- A $100 non-refundable fee must accompany your application.