School Furnishings, Nashua, NH
• Understand and apply the basics of industrial marketing and strategic planning including the gaining knowledge on creating the plan followed with the implementation stages.
• Conduct and analyze market research to identify target schools in New England along with collecting pertinent data around contact names and titles, size of school – various indicators of size of spend.
• Be responsible to making contacts with “potential customers” to learn about their buying decision process. Face-to-face meetings would be encouraged.
• Develop a marketing/sales plan including the implementation steps.
Length of Internship:
This will be a 14 weeks paid part-time position.
• Understanding of a marketing plan
• Excellent oral and written skills
• Have an interest and understanding in B2B Marketing
• Is a self-starter
• Must be able to adapt to change and is customer-focused
• Must be a junior in business marketing or related field
School Furnishings is a small family owned company that serves the education market by supplying student desks and chairs, activity tables, library shelving and furniture, cafeteria tables and equipment and office furniture. The company has operated in New England for more than twenty years and has focused primarily on the public school K-12 segment of the market. My wife and I purchased the company in May of this year and while we will continue to serve the public school K-12 market, we are interested in the “higher education” segment and the “pre-school” segment. “Higher education” in this case means private schools – primarily high schools and smaller colleges and universities.
The company web site is www.schoolfurnishings.com
To be considered for this position, please submit a cover letter and resume to Charlie Call via e-mail at Charlie@schoolfurnishings.com.