Internet Marketing Internship, Summer
Eaton & Berube Insurance Agency, Nashua, NH
Description and Purpose:
Eaton & Berube Insurance Agency, Inc., a full-service insurance agency in Nashua, N.H., is seeking a self-motivated Internet marketing intern to assist with the agency’s digital marketing initiatives, including blog and website content creation, email marketing, search engine optimization, and social media marketing.
This internship position will provide you with an excellent opportunity to learn about the growing field of Internet marketing and its value in helping businesses acquire new leads and customers. Over the course of the internship, you will develop a detailed understanding of how to manage websites using different content management systems, produce optimized and timely content designed to generate leads and establish a business as an authority in its industry, leverage social media platforms and tools to increase online visibility and website traffic, create and execute successful email marketing campaigns, and analyze data to measure different websites’ traffic patterns and effectiveness. You will leave this internship with in-depth knowledge of online marketing tools and best practices, as well as a professional portfolio of published online work.
Length of internship: 14 weeks
Field: Marketing, Communications
• Excellent writing skills.
• Basic knowledge of social media platforms including Facebook, Twitter and Google+.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office.
• Applicants should be undergraduate students majoring in Marketing, Communications, Journalism, or another related field.
• Conduct keyword research and produce search engine optimized content for company blog and website.
• Share content on social media platforms including Facebook, Twitter, Google+, LinkedIn and Pinterest.
• Build inbound links to company website through techniques such as guest blogging, claiming and developing listings on local directory websites, and social media interaction.
• Develop email marketing campaigns using Constant Contact.
• Analyze website traffic patterns and measure the effectiveness of online marketing campaigns using Google Analytics.
• Run page rank reports to monitor different websites’ positions in Google’s search engine results pages.
• Update websites using different content management systems such as WordPress. This may include adding new web pages, blog posts, news articles/press releases, and testimonials to the agency’s website, as well as updating content and uploading documents to the agency’s intranet, or internal, restricted access website for staff use.
• Create advertisements and other promotional materials as needed using Microsoft Publisher.
Qualified candidates should send a resume and two writing samples to Alyssa DellaCamera, Internet Marketing Specialist, at email@example.com.
Eaton & Berube is an independent, locally-owned insurance agency that has been serving Northern New England communities for more than 100 years. Our online marketing strategy aims to not only generate new business, but also to retain existing clients by fostering relationships and providing them with valuable resources and convenient service options. The work environment at our agency is professional, positive and welcoming, and our employees take pride in the service we provide as well as the emphasis we place on community service.