Community Relations Intern
New England Revolution, Foxborough, MA
The New England Revolution seeks a highly motivated individual capable of assisting in the expansion of the club’s overall community affairs efforts. The Community Relations Intern will be a vital part of the daily execution of the on-going and developing community relations and public outreach efforts of the New England Revolution soccer team and the New England Revolution Charitable Foundation. The successful candidate will work daily with a diverse cross section of New England-based charitable organizations.
• Assist with all aspects of the team’s day-to-day community relations efforts, including but not limited to the review, fulfillment and tracking of donation and appearance requests made to the New England Revolution and New England Revolution Charitable Foundation.
• Assist the Communications staff in organizing, staffing and publicizing player appearances and community relations efforts.
• Help with special community-based programs activated on game days, included but not limited to Taylor’s Team and Autograph Alley.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Due to the cyclical nature of the sports and entertainment industry, the intern will be asked to work varying schedules to reflect the business needs of the company, including weekends.
SPECIFIC JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY:
• The ideal candidate should possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities.
• Must be well organized and able to coordinate multiple projects simultaneously.
• Must be self-motivated, detail-oriented and challenged by accountability.
• Knowledge of and passion for the sport of soccer is preferred.
• Ideal candidate is bi-lingual (English and Spanish).
• Internships are for academic credit only and are unpaid.
• Preference will be given to candidates who need to complete a full-time internship to cap their degree requirements.
• Any combination of education, training or experience that provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities.
Submit cover letter, resume and contact information for three references to firstname.lastname@example.org or through the mail to Director of Communications, New England Revolution, Gillette Stadium, One Patriot Place, Foxborough, MA 02035. No phone calls please.
For Summer internship: April 1
For Fall semester internship: Aug. 1
For Spring semester internship: Nov. 15