American Red Cross, NH Gateway Chapter, Nashua, NH
Community Relations Intern:
Goals and Objectives
• Compile resources for all Red Cross clients and students
• Work with local social service departments within local health care facilities
• Develop grant writing skills by working closely with staff on grant opportunities
• Continue professional education by attending Red Cross training
• Collaborate with local schools and in house staff to prepare for future Red Cross health fairs
Requirements:Demonstrate public relations or marketing interest and involvement.
Proficiency in MS Word and Excel
Creative, flexible and enthusiastic
BS or currently enrolled in a BS program in Communications, Social Work, or a health related field.
Special Events Intern:
Purpose: Assist in the planning and execution of events, including the annual Volunteer Recognition event.
Job Functions:Event planning and public relations
Organize, coordinate, implement and evaluate event fundraiser activities as part of the Recognition Planning Committee
Utilize strong writing skills to compose calendar listings, solicitation letters, etc.
Help coordinate publicity efforts
Other duties and projects as needed and assigned
Preferred Skills:Proficiency in MS Office, including Word, Excel spreadsheets, Power Point and Publisher.
Strong communication skills.
Experience in Event Planning is preferred
The ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment.
Ability to think and respond quickly.
Ability to work independently and be part of a team
Friendly and professional personal/phone manners to follow up with media, potential sponsors, etc.
Purpose: The Marketing Intern will assist in marketing and outreach strategies for the Health and Safety Department.
1. Develop new outreach strategies for Health and Safety classes such as CPR, First Aid, babysitting, etc.
2. Contact local companies to assess interest in classes
3. Expand community awareness through the development or refinement
of presentation material or collateral literature
4. Distribute and evaluate client and volunteer satisfaction surveys
Preferred Skills:1. Proficiency in MS office, including Word, Excel spreadsheets, PowerPoint and Publisher.
2. Academic proficiency
3. Willingness to learn, flexibility and enthusiasm.
4. An interest in Communications, Marketing or Health.
5. Creative thinker
Reports to: Volunteer Coordinator
For further information, contact:
Department of Volunteer Services
NH Gateway Chapter
28 Concord St, Nashua NH 03064