- Air Force ROTC - Air Force ROTC is a college program offered at more than 1,000 campuses across the country. It prepares young men and women to become leaders in the Air Force, but it’s also much more. You will grow as an individual both mentally and physically while developing lifelong friendships. You can acquire strong leadership skills that will benefit you as an Air Force Officer and in corporate America. And, it’s an opportunity to pay for school through scholarships. Rivier University students will be hosted by the UMass-Lowell Detachment.
Service and Volunteer Opportunities
- Rivier University Service Opportunities - Offered through Campus Ministry
- Rivier University Service Learning Coordinator & Opportunities
- AmeriCorps* VISTA - Volunteers in Service to America
- City Year - City Year unites young people of all backgrounds for a year of full-time service, giving them skills and opportunities to change the world.
- Cool to Serve/Campus Outreach Opportunity League (COOL) - COOL is a national non-profit organization that promotes and supports student involvement in community service and social change by helping students start and strengthen campus-based community service programs.
- Global Volunteer Network
Good Works - A national directory of social change organizations
Habitat for Humanity
Jesuit Volunteer Corp. - Offers women and men an opportunity to work full-time for justice and peace.
Maine Conservation Corps/AmeriCorps - Dedicated to accomplishing outdoor recreation and conservation projects, promoting and managing volunteer opportunities, providing conservation education, building self-esteem and leadership, and raising the aspirations of members and volunteers
Student Conservation Association - Their motto is "changing lives through service to nature." Their Resource Assistant Program annually offers more than 1,000 three-twelve month expense-paid internship opportunities to assist with the conservation and management of our national parks, wildlife refuges, other public lands, and natural/cultural resources nationwide.
Teach for America - Non-profit organization that recruits recent college grads, from all academic majors, to commit to teach for two years in under-resourced public urban and rural schools. No teaching certification required.
http://www.volunteer.org.nz/ - Global Volunteer Network
http://www.peacework.org/- Peacework Development Fund
http://www.projects-abroad.org/ - Projects Abroad
http://www.globalservicecorps.org/ - Global Service Corps
http://www.unitedplanet.org/ - United Planet
http://www.volunteermatch.org/ - Volunteer Match
http://www.crossculturalsolutions.org/ - Cross-Cultural Solutions
http://www.volunteerinternational.org/ - International Volunteer Programs Association
http://www.sciint.org/ - Service Civil International USA
http://www.vfp.org/ - Voluneers for Peace
http://arizonateachingfellows.ttrack.org/ - Arizona Teaching Fellows