Inside Sales Position
Optonera, Nashua, NH
OPTONERA is a manufacturer's representative company serving customers in photonics industry. Our geographical focus is North America. We are located close to Boston area which represents a high-tech corridor for several photonics companies and esteemed universities and research institutes.
We represent established as well as innovative product lines that can offer solutions to photonics applications. We currently represent products including but not limited to scientific instruments, solar simulators, light sources, detection assemblies, atomic force microscopes. Our focus is to help customers identify suitable, cost-efficient solutions for their optical needs.
This is an ideal opportunity for business or science majors to learn and build skills in scientific instrumentation sales that will be of practical value.
Successful candidate will have an opportunity to work in a relaxed, flexible environment. Number of hours is flexible. Telecommute option is available.
Initially, this will commission based position for 3 month duration with potential to longer term and hourly plus commission pay.
• Develop an understanding of OPTONERA product lines
• Identify potential sales opportunities and update company database/CRM on a regular basis with fresh leads
• Follow up regularly on leads by telephone and email and update CRM accordingly
• Prepare sales forecasts and status reports on a periodic basis
This position requires candidate to work independently with limited supervision.
• Majors with physical sciences or engineering or business (sales, marketing)
• Ideal for first year graduate students or junior year students
• Ability to prioritize tasks, highly organized and good documentation skills (MS Excel, Word, PowerPoint required)
• Able to learn quickly about overall applications of scientific instruments
• Access to computer and phone required
For consideration, review product lines at www.optonera.com and email email@example.com with:
• cover letter explaining your familiarity, experience and motivation for the advertised position
• Indicate availability (start date, duration and number of hours/week)