New England Revolution, Foxborough, MA
The New England Revolution seeks a highly motivated individual capable of assisting in the expansion of the club’s overall communications efforts. The Communications Intern will be a vital part of the daily execution of the on-going and developing media relations, public relations, and multimedia efforts of the New England Revolution soccer team. The successful candidate will work daily with the diverse New England and national media (print, radio, television and internet).
• Assist with all aspects of the team’s day-to-day media relations, including but not limited to the development of game notes and other written communications collateral and the coordination of interviews and press events.
• Monitor daily media coverage in all mediums (print, radio, television, and internet) and distribute to internal and external stakeholders.
• Assist with gameday press operations, including staffing media will call and assisting with official stats as needed.
• Write content for revolutionsoccer.net and assist with the generation of new and timely content in all mediums (written, audio, video and photo).
• Create content for other publications as assigned.
• Maintain and help build the club’s digital photo archives.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Due to the cyclical nature of the sports and entertainment industry, the employee will be asked to work varying schedules to reflect the business needs of the company, including weekends.
SPECIFIC JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY:
• The ideal candidate should possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities.
• Must be well organized and able to coordinate multiple projects simultaneously.
• Must be self-motivated, detail-oriented and challenged by accountability.
• Knowledge of and passion for the sport of soccer is preferred.
• Ideal candidate is bi-lingual (English and Spanish).
• Internships are for academic credit only and are unpaid.
• Preference will be given to candidates who are pursing communications, journalism or public relations OR who need to complete a full-time internship to cap their degree requirements.
• Should possess experience in media and/or public relations, preferably in a collegiate Sports Information Department or a sports- or entertainment-related setting.
• Any combination of education, training or experience that provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities.
Submit cover letter, resume, contact information for three references and a selection of writing/work samples (preferably online links or Word or PDF documents) to email@example.com or through the mail to Communications Department, New England Revolution, Gillette Stadium, One Patriot Place, Foxborough, MA 02035. No phone calls please.
For Summer internship: April 1
For Fall semester internship: Aug. 1
For Spring semester internship: Nov. 15