New Hampshire Citizens Alliance, Concord, NH
NH Citizens Alliance is a nonprofit, nonpartisan organization with a thirty-year history of working towards social, economic, and political justice in the Granite State. Based in Concord, NH, we work on a variety of issues, including health care, education equity, civil rights, voter rights, and economic justice.
Our internship program is open to college students, recent graduates, and anyone looking to learn more about a career in progressive advocacy and education at a non-profit. It provides in-depth and hands-on training in the areas of policy-making, non-profit management, research, communications, and community organizing.
This is not your average internship – past interns have taken on a variety of projects, including:
• Planning, recruiting, and presenting at educational events on various topics
• Helping to plan and implement large fundraising events
• Developing an informational website about the impact of the new federal health care law on women, senior citizens, and small businesses
• Meeting with Congressional leaders’ staff about important issues affecting Granite Staters
• Participating in rallies on various issues
• Asking tough questions of candidates and elected officials at public events
• Researching candidate positions on issues
• Helping with communications including drafting media releases, maintaining organization website, and updating social media
• Maintaining day-to-day office operations
• And much more!
The 2013 program runs from September to early December and associates give 10 hours per week. Our internship program is unpaid, but interns receive a small stipend for travel and parking.
For more information about NHCA, please visit www.nhcitizensalliance.org. To apply, please send complete an online application.