Rivier University is pleased to serve international students from around the world. Staff in the International Student Advising Office are here to answer any questions you may have about applying to Rivier and becoming part of the University community.
To apply, please submit the following materials to Rivier University:
- Application for Admission: online application or paper version
- Application Fee: nonrefundable $25. Checks should be made payable to Rivier University.
- Essay: topics are listed on the application
- Official Test Scores: TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language). Test scores are considered official only when they are sent directly to Rivier University from the Educational Testing Service. Rivier’s school code is 3728. A minimum TOEFL score of 500 (or 177 Computer Based Test, or 61 Internet Based Test score) is required for applicants to a degree program. IELTS (International English Language System) scores can be submitted in lieu of the TOEFL but the student must score 5.5 for general acceptance and 6.0 for nursing acceptance.
- Certificate of Finance (back page of application)
- Official bank statements, employment verification, letter of award, etc. that demonstrates all sources of funds to be used while at Rivier University. All statements must be current and must be sent from the bank or employer directly to Rivier.
- Please submit the documentation below directly to one of the documentation centers listed below. Please forward an official copy of the evaluation and the following original high school and college documentation to Rivier University:
- Official high school or secondary school transcripts, diplomas, and leaving certificates (originals and English translations)
- If you have attended college prior to enrolling at Rivier, official college or university transcripts, diplomas, and leaving certificates (originals and English translations)
- The Center for International Documentation’s evaluation of your academic records
- For undergraduate international student applicants, proof of financial statements reflecting a balance: of $42,430 (U.S.) commuter; $42,148 (U.S.) resident;
- For Graduate international student applicants – bank statement reflecting a balance of $21,899 (U.S.) for non-health science programs and $28,883 (U.S.) for health-science programs.
- A copy of your current visa
Suggested International Documentation Centers
WORLD EDUCATION SERVICES
Bowling Green Station
P.O. Box 5087
New York, NY 10274-5087
Phone: (212) 966-6311
Fax: (212) 739-6100
CENTER FOR EDUCATIONAL DOCUMENTATION
P.O. Box 199
Boston, MA 02117
Phone: (617) 338-7171
Fax: (617) 338-7101
GLOBE LANGUAGE SERVICES, INC.
New York, NY 10007
Phone: (212) 227-1994
Fax: (212) 693-1489
GLOBAL EDUCATION GROUP, INC.
407 Lincoln Road, Suite 2H
Miami Beach, FL 33139
Phone: (305) 534-8745
Fax: (305) 534-3487