No matter what program you choose at Rivier, you'll have the opportunity to test out your future career early on at Rivier in our labs. You'll get out into the community for your service learning project and start building a network through internships, clinicals, and practicums. Design a brochure in the digital imaging studio. Listen to a patient's lungs in the nursing skills simulation lab. Track a stock's performance in the McLean Center for Finance and Economics. Implement a lesson plan with children in the Early Childhood Center. At Rivier, you'll have endless opportunities.
Internships, practicums and clinicals are a important part of your education. Students in any of Rivier’s academic programs have the option to gain valuable hands-on experience before they graduate. Your faculty advisor and staff at the Career Development Center can help you find an internship tailored to your interests and career goals. Getting out in the field offers an opportunity to learn in new ways and network with professionals in the field. For many Rivier students, an internship leads to a full-time job after graduation.
- Public relations internships at Stonyfield Farm, Lowell General Hospital, United Way
- Graphic design internship for the Arts for Social Change Alliance and the Nashua Mediation Program
- Political science internships at the Massachusetts Democratic Party, Office of the Mayor of Haverhill, Massachusetts
- Social work internships at Girls Inc., Big Brothers/Big Sisters of Greater Nashua, Child Advocacy Center, the Center for Life Management
- Criminal justice internship at the Nashua District Office of Juvenile Justice Services
- Radio promotions internships at WGIR, Kiss 108
- TV production internships at WMUR-TV
- Marketing internships at Entertainment Cruises, Disney World
- Business administration internships at Mass Design, IntelliSoft Group and Continental Resources
- Student teaching practicums and nursing clinicals in a variety of settings throughout New Hampshire and Massachusetts
Rivier University has partnered with the Center for International Educational Exchange (CIEE) to provide a variety of opportunities for students to study abroad and develop their fluency in a foreign language and their understanding of other countries. Students may elect to spend a summer or semester abroad. In the last few years, students have studied in Australia and Spain.
Sabrina Carvalho '10 says she enjoyed the opportunity to immerse herself in the Spanish culture during her semester abroad. Her experience helped her become a more fluent speaker and develop a richer understanding of Spanish art, food, traditions, and society.