General Scholarship Searches
International Education Financial Aid
FinAid.Org - Extensive information about financial aid as well as study abroad funding opportunities
Fund for Education Abroad
Specific Scholarship Searches
AIFS Abroad Scholarships
- The purpose of the program is to provide up to $50,000 in scholarships for outstanding Hispanic students to study abroad with AIFS . This special scholarship will be available to students attending HACU member schools.
American Association of University Women Scholarships and Grants
- Fellowship and grant recipients undergo a highly competitive selection process. Academic excellence, commitment to improving the human condition, and the promise of continued impact are cornerstones of the rigorous criteria.
- A U.S. citizen at the time of application
- A high school graduate, or have earned a GED
- Matriculated in an undergraduate degree program located within the United States accredited by an accrediting body recognized by the U.S. Department of Education. Boren Scholars must remain matriculated in their undergraduate programs for the duration of the scholarship and may not graduate until the scholarship is complete.
- Applying to a study abroad program that meets home institution standards in a country outside of Western Europe, Canada, Australia, or New Zealand. Boren Scholarships are not for study in the United States.
- The British Universities Transatlantic Exchange Association promotes mobility between universities and colleges in the UK and North America.
- CET Academic Programs is proud to offer its students over $50,000 in scholarship awards each year. Individual awards range from $500 to $2,000 per semester.
Critical Language Scholarship
- The Critical Language Scholarship (CLS) Program offers fully-funded summer language institutes for U.S. university students and is sponsored by the U.S. Department of State.
DAAD Scholarships and Grants
Diversity Abroad Achievement Scholarship – offered by AIFS
- Each semester, AIFS offers up to 10 semester scholarships of $1000 to outstanding students from under-represented groups. Applicants must demonstrate high academic achievement and/or participate in community service activities.
- Completed scholarship and program applications must be postmarked by April 15 for Academic Year/Fall Semester or September 15 for Spring Semester.
Foundation for Global Scholars
Over 200 scholarships between $500 and $2,500 will be awarded Global Studies Foundation Student Grant this calendar year for U.S. and Canadian citizens to study internationally. Average award = approximately $1,000
Freeman Awards for Study in Asia
Freeman-Asia accepts aaplications from US citizens or permanent residents studying at the undergraduate level who demonstrate financial need to study abroad in East or Southeast Asia.
Fund for Education Abroad
Must be a US citizen or permanent resident and currently enrolled as an undergraduate at a college or university in the U.S. Must plan to study for a minimum of four weeks in country.
Gilman Scholarship Program
- The Benjamin A. Gilman International Scholarship Program offers grants for U.S. citizen undergraduate students of limited financial means to pursue academic studies abroad. Such international study is intended to better prepare U.S. students to assume significant roles in an increasingly global economy and interdependent world.
- Over 2,300 scholarships of up to $5,000 will be awarded this academic year for U.S. citizen undergraduates to study abroad. Award amounts will vary depending on the length of study and student need with the average award being approximately $4,000.
- Students who apply for and receive the Benjamin A. Gilman International Scholarship to study abroad are then eligible to receive an additional $3,000 Critical Need Language Supplement from the Gilman
- Scholarship Program for a total possible award of up to $8,000. During the 2011-2012 academic year, 50 Critical Need Language Supplements were offered to Gilman Scholarship recipients.
Glimpse Correspondence Program Grants
Submit articles, stories, blogs, photographs and/or video footage from your time abroad to Glimpse Magazine in exchange for a $600 stipend. Open to all study abroad participants.
Global Studies Foundation Student Grant
Study abroad grants for $1000. July 1st deadline. Open to US citizens studying abroad short-term, summer, semester or year.
International Study Abroad Scholarships
- Must be a Massachusetts resident
Laura Bush Traveling Fellowship
- To apply for this fellowship you must submit an application form, project summary, 500 word essay, resume, and a letter of recommendation.
Study Abroad Turkey Scholarships for Minority Students
The Turkish Coalition of America awards up to 100 scholarships per year for African-American, Hispanic-American and Native American students (undergraduate and graduate) to study in Turkey, Turkish Republic of Northern Cyprus or in Bosnia or Herzegovina.
University Language Scholarship
Chinese Student Grants
- Grants for Chinese Studies. Fellowships are available for original research on Chinese culture or society. Language training and support for China specialists available.
Education USA Scholarships
International Student Loans
ISOA Scholarship List
THE MARGARET MCNAMARA MEMORIAL FUND (MMMF)
- For female students from developing countries who are currently studying in the United States or Canada, the MMMF awards grants of approximately $12,000 each
- P.E.O. International Peace Scholarship (IPS) Fund was established in 1949 to provide scholarships for international women students to pursue graduate study in the United States .
- The Rowe Fund is an educational loan program of the Organization of American States that helps citizens from Latin America and Caribbean OAS Member States finance their studies or research in accredited universities across the United States by awarding interest-free loans of up to $15,000 dollars.