In cooperation with the Veterans Administration, Rivier participates in numerous veterans benefits programs. Students who are eligible for veterans benefits as determined by the Veterans Administration should contact the Rivier Veterans Coordinator (Sr. Joan Joyal (603) 897-8224 or email@example.com) at the time of application or the start of the semester. Students must be enrolled in a degree program to obtain benefits.
The United States Department of Veteran Affairs offers a wealth of information on the GI Bill.
Applications for veterans benefits may be obtained directly from the Veterans Administration by visiting the VONAPP (Veterans On Line Applications) website at http://vabenefits.vba.va.gov/vonapp. VONAPP is the official U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) website, which enables veterans to apply for benefits using the Internet. Completed application forms can also be mailed to the Department of Veterans Affairs, Regional Processing Office, P.O. Box 4616, Buffalo, NY 14240-4616.
Steps to apply your benefits to Rivier University:
- Contact the VA at http://www.gibill.va.gov/ or 1-888-GIBILL-1 (1-888-442-4551). Be sure to take time to understand the nature of the benefits.
- Apply for benefits completing an "Application for Educational Benefits" (VA Form 22-1990), along with your DD-214 and/or your "Notice of Basic Eligibility" (DD form 2384, if a National Guardsman). If you have received benefits while attending a previous institution, submit a "Request for Change Program or Place Training" (VA Form 22-1995). You may complete these forms online at the VA website or download a hard copy and mail it to: VA Regional Office, PO Box 4616, Buffalo, NY 14240-4616.
- Contact the Office of Undergraduate Day Admissions at (603) 897-8507 or the Office of Graduate and Undergraduate Evening Admissions at (603) 897-8219 to speak with or meet an admissions counselor. We will work with you to answer your questions, address your concerns and inform you about the different academic and social programs available to you. Apply to Rivier, completing the application for admission and submitting the following credentials:
- Admissions Essay
- Official High School or GED transcript
- Official College transcript(s), if applicable
- SAT or ACT scores, unless over the age of 24 or having 12+ completed college credits
- One letter of recommendation
Contact Sr. Joan Joyal, Associate Registrar and VA Coordinator at (603) 897-8224 or firstname.lastname@example.org at the time of application or at the start of the semester. Provide the letter received from the VA verifying eligibility for educational benefits. Rivier will then notify the VA of your enrollment status for each semester of attendance.