In cooperation with the Veterans Administration (VA), Rivier participates in numerous veterans benefits programs. Students who are eligible for veterans benefits, as determined by the Veterans Administration, should contact the Rivier Veterans Coordinator Dina Brown at (603) 897-8633, firstname.lastname@example.org or Sr. Joan Joyal at (603) 897-8224 or email@example.com at the time of application or at the start of the semester. Students must be enrolled in a degree program to obtain benefits.
The United States Department of Veteran Affairs offers a wealth of information on the GI Bill ®.
Applications for veterans benefits may be obtained directly from the VA by visiting the Veterans On-Line Applications (VONAPP) website. VONAPP is the official VA website for veterans to apply for benefits via the internet. Completed application forms can also be mailed to the Department of Veterans Affairs, Regional Processing Office, P.O. Box 4616, Buffalo, NY 14240-4616.
Steps to apply your benefits to Rivier University:
- Contact the VA at http://www.gibill.va.gov/ or 1-888-GIBILL-1 (1-888-442-4551). Be sure to take time to understand the nature of the benefits.
- Apply for benefits by completing an "Application for Educational Benefits" (VA Form 22-1990), along with your DD-214 and/or your "Notice of Basic Eligibility" (DD form 2384, if a National Guardsman). If you have received benefits while attending a previous institution, submit a "Request for Change Program or Place Training" (VA Form 22-1995). You may complete these forms online at the VA website or download a hard copy and mail it to: VA Regional Office, P.O. Box 4616, Buffalo, NY 14240-4616.
- Contact the Office of Undergraduate Day Admissions at (603) 897-8507 or the Office of Graduate and Undergraduate Evening Admissions at (603) 897-8219 to speak with or meet an admissions counselor regarding your questions, concerns, and to receive information on Rivier's academic programs. Apply to Rivier, completing the application for admission and submitting the following credentials:
- Admissions essay
- Official high school or GED transcript
- Official College transcript(s), if applicable
- SAT or ACT scores, only if applying to the Nursing program
- One letter of recommendation
Contact VA Coordinators Dina Brown at (603) 897-8633, firstname.lastname@example.org or Sr. Joan Joyal, at (603) 897-8224 or email@example.com at the time of application or at the start of the semester. Provide the letter received from the VA verifying eligibility for educational benefits. Rivier will then notify the VA of your enrollment status for each semester of attendance.