We're glad you're considering transferring to Rivier. Our Admissions Counselors are available to help make transferring to Rivier as easy as possible. For assistance, call (603) 897-8219.
“Transferring to Rivier helped transform me into becoming a leader and helped me build skills for my future.”
– Mallory Johnson ’11, nursing major and transfer student
Transfer students are evaluated on the overall strength of their academic record. A minimum of 2.5 cumulative grade point average is preferred. Assessment focuses primarily on college work completed at accredited colleges and universities. We may consider your high school record if you have completed less than 12 credits on the collegiate level. We also consider your career goals, life experiences, extracurricular activities, and employment.
Transfer Application Checklist
- Letter of recommendation (Two for nursing students)
- An official copy of high school transcript or official GED results. The high school transcript/GED is waived for applicants who have earned an associate degree or bachelor's degree.
- Official copy of college transcript from each institution that college credit was earned.
- SAT or ACT test scores if the applicant has earned less than 12 credits. Applicants 23 years or older are not required to submit SAT or ACT test scores.
NOTE: Nursing applicants please contact the admission office for additional requirements (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Rivier has articulation agreements in place with schools in the area to ensure that your credits transfer smoothly. Rivier has agreements in place with the following schools:
- Great Bay Community College
- Lakes Region Community College
- Manchester (NH) Community College
- Marian Court College
- Middlesex Community College
- Mount Wachusett Community College
- Nashua Community College
- NHTI-Concord's Community College
- Northern Essex Community College
- North Shore Community College
- River Valley Community College
For more information on these articulation agreements, click here.
Rivier accepts up to 90 credits toward a bachelor's degree and up to 45 credits toward an associate degree. We will transfer your credits if you received at least a 2.0 average on a 4.0 scale and the course(s) is (are) deemed transferrable after an evaluation by the Rivier University staff.