MBA in Marketing (Online)
Innovate and create business opportunities in today's global markets.
The Master of Business Administration in Marketing provides a broad-based competency in leadership, problem solving, and strategic management, as well as specialized education in advertising, sales management, and marketing strategy and policy. All courses within the program stress the importance of:
- developing critical thinking skills to analyze situations;
- evaluating technological innovation opportunities for organizations;
- utilizing effective communication techniques;
- and analyzing and solving situations that present legal and ethical issues.
Faculty are industry practitioners; they draw from their years of business experience to integrate real-world case studies and business challenges into the coursework. Students bring their work experiences to the classroom, as well, enriching the education experience.
Classes in this 36-credit program are offered online in an asynchronous format; this allows students to access and complete coursework at any time of the day or night.
Courses are offered in 7-week terms. There are a total of six 7-week terms per year (two terms in each of the fall, spring, and summer semesters).
Many Rivier MBA students are employed full-time and attend the University on a part-time basis. Most students complete their degree within 24 months.
Department of Business Administration
Rivier's high-quality, hands-on bachelor's and master's programs prepare students for leadership roles in a global environment. For more information, visit the Department of Business Administration.
Graduates of the MBA in Marketing program can pursue leadership roles as:
- Marketing directors and vice presidents
- Brand and product managers
- Public relations and corporate communications directors
- Management consultants
- Market research analysts
- Entrepreneurs/business owners
- Many other senior business positions
Rivier’s Career Development Center (CDC) provides professional advising, assistance with resume development and career planning, and job search information. For a complete list of CDC resources, visit the Center’s web page.