B.A. in Biology Education
Grow and share your passion for science.
Workplace focus on STEM-educated (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math) students continues to grow, creating a great demand for qualified science teachers. Rivier’s strong, hands-on education program delivers:
- A 100% pass rate on national certification exams;
- Field experience beginning in freshman year;
- A total of 175 classroom training hours prior to student teaching;
- Certification eligibility in 41 states, plus the District of Columbia, the Virgin Islands, and the United States Department of Defense Dependents' Schools worldwide.
- Rivier education graduates have nearly a 100% job placement rate.
Rivier’s biology education degree fulfills all the requirements of our biology major and the New Hampshire State Department of Education Professional Standards for Teachers, which are required for certification. The curriculum encompasses biology, chemistry, physics, calculus, and secondary education courses.
The program culminates with a 16-week student teaching assignment at a local school, which is coordinated by Rivier’s Education Department staff. Graduates are confident in front of a classroom; through observations and student teaching, they connect theory with practice for classroom success.
Rivier’s education degrees prepare graduates for the “classroom of the future.” With assistance from several federal grants—including Project New Teachers—the University has become a statewide leader in preparing teachers to integrate technology into their classrooms.
Rivier University is a College of Distinction.
Department of Education
Rivier's high-quality, hands-on bachelor's and master's programs prepare students for leadership roles in a global environment. For more information, visit the Department of Education.
B.A. in Biology Education graduates can pursue roles as:
- Middle and high school science teachers
- College professors
- Community health professionals
- Healthcare-industry corporate trainers
- Forest rangers, park technicians
- Many other education- and science-related positions
Note: Some careers may require additional graduate study.