B.A. in Early Childhood Education
Prepare for a rewarding career in early childhood education.
For those who love to work with young children, the B.A. in Early Childhood Education prepares graduates for Pre-Kindergarten through Grade 3 teacher certification. Rivier’s strong, hands-on education program delivers:
- A 100% pass rate on national certification exams;
- Field experience beginning in freshman year;
- An average of 150 classroom training hours prior to student teaching;
- Certification eligibility in 41 states, plus the District of Columbia, the Virgin Islands, and the United States Department of Defense Dependents' Schools worldwide.
- Rivier education graduates have nearly a 100% job placement rate.
In addition to the early childhood education major, students earn a minor in another discipline, and complete the New Hampshire State Department of Education Professional Standards for Teachers, which are required for certification.
The program culminates with a 16-week student teaching assignment at a local school, which is coordinated by Rivier’s Education Department staff. Graduates are confident in front of a classroom; through observations and student teaching, they connect theory with practice for classroom success.
Rivier's Education Center is one of the finest facilities of its kind in northern New England. It includes an NAEYC-accredited, eight-room early childhood laboratory school for children aged 6 months to 5 years, where students can conduct observations and gain hands-on experience. The Center also offers a parenting resource center, satellite-linked classrooms, and high-speed Internet and network access.
Rivier’s education degrees prepare graduates for the “classroom of the future.” With assistance from several federal grants—including Project New Teachers—the University has become a statewide leader in preparing teachers to integrate technology into their classrooms.
Rivier University is a College of Distinction.
Department of Education
Rivier's high-quality, hands-on bachelor's and master's programs prepare students for leadership roles in a global environment. For more information, visit the Department of Education.
B.A. in Early Childhood Education graduates can pursue roles as:
- Preschool teachers
- Kindergarten teachers
- Elementary school teachers
- Preschool administrators/owners
- Childcare workers
- Other education-related positions
Note: Some careers may require additional graduate study.