The PDS Steering Committee
The PDS Steering Committee consists of administrators, faculty, teachers and staff from Nashua Public School District and Rivier University.
Nashua School District
• Althea Sheaff, Executive Director Curriculum and Instruction, Nashua School District
• Dianne Vienneau, Peer Coach, Nashua School District
• Paul Asbell, Principal Pennichuck Middle School
• Jane Quigley, Crisp Middle School
• Charles Kashoitis,
Rivier University• Director of Elementary Education
The Steering Committee meets each month to:
- develop and revise a model for teacher preparation at both baccalaureate and post-baccalaureate levels that provides teacher candidates with rich opportunities to develop into professionals.
- implement a shared set of research-based teaching practices that support the learning and well-being of all children prek-12
- create a professional learning community that involves educators from both partner districts
- develop a program of professional development activities that brings together teacher candidates and their cooperating teachers in meaningful activities that support the social, cognitive, emotional and spiritual well-being of children
- match teacher candidates and cooperating teachers