Dr. Mark Meehan
Associate Vice President for Global Engagement
Associate Professor of Education and History
Ph.D., University of South Carolina
M.Ed., Columbia International University
B.S., Columbia International University
Additional study, Dougauht Institute, Tetouan, Morocco
Additional study, George Fox University
Phone: (603) 897-8780; Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Traditional Islamic Philosophy and Art
- Global Issues
- Cultural Engagement
- Study Abroad and Academic Programming
Dr. Meehan teaches Global Studies courses including The Middle East in Global Context, and Islamic Philosophy and Traditional Art, in addition to serving as Rivier University's Associate Vice President for Global Engagement. He has traveled to over fifty countries to consult, teach, and lead student groups. Dr. Meehan is also a published researcher and writer, as well as former board chairman of the International Arts Movement.
- "Islam, Modernity, and the Liminal Space Between." Cambridge Scholars Press.
- “Learning from Islam.” Under initial contract.
- “Higher Education in America” presented to faculty and students at Atilim University, Ankara, Turkey.
- “The Institute of Traditional Islamic Art and Architecture,” presented at The University of South Carolina Diversity in Ed Conference.
- “Traditional Art and Islamic Culture,” Guest Lecturer at The University of South Carolina.
- “History of the AEF University,” presented to The History of Education Society.