Dr. Kevin T. Wayne
Associate Professor of Business Administration
B.S., Management, concentration in Information Systems, UMass Lowell
M.B.A., Southern New Hampshire University
D.B.A., Business Administration, Huizenga Graduate School of Business & Entrepreneurship, Nova Southeastern University
Phone: (603) 897-8532; Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- General management
- Strategic management
- Marketing management
- Marketing and new product development
- Marketing research
BackgroundDr. Wayne has an extensive industry background that includes experience in medical technology, healthcare, and high technology industries. He was co-founder and vice president of ONUX Medical, Inc., a successful medical technology start-up company where he helped raise more than $22 million to fund the enterprise. Dr. Wayne also held managerial positions at C.R. Bard, Smith & Nephew Endoscopy, and Visualization Technology. He has worked in marketing, product development, business development and manufacturing functions. Dr. Wayne's research interests include entrepreneurship, technology transfer, new product development, and the marketing of innovations.
He is a member of the Board of Directors at SafeStitch Medical Inc, also a member of Global Entrepreneurship Monitor, Medical Development Group, Merrimack Valley Venture Forum, Association of University Technology Managers, Academy of Management, and many local community organizations.
Recent Publications and Proceedings
- Winter 2009: Leader Perception of Competitive Advantage: A Regional Survey of Manufacturing, Healthcare and Education. Presented at the American Society of Business and Behavioral Sciences, Las Vegas, NV, February 21, 2009.
- Winter 2009: Strategy Tool Construction for Improving the Application of Strategic
Frameworks. Presented at the American Society of Business and Behavioral Sciences, Las Vegas, NV, February 20, 2009.
- Spring 2008: Determinants of Commercial Innovation for University Technology Transfer: An Empirical Analysis. Presented at Society for Advancement of Management International Business Conference, Arlington, VA. April 5, 2008.
- Spring 2008: Conflicts of Disinterest in Academic Entrepreneurship. Presented at Society for Advancement of Management International Business Conference, Arlington, VA. April 5, 2008.
- Spring 2006: “Successful Sourcing and Utilization of Local Small Businesses for Live Case Studies: Best Practices and Managing Expectations” presented within the Management Education Track at the American Society of Business and Behavioral Sciences (ASBBS) Annual Meeting in Las Vegas.
- Spring 2006: “Learning Outcomes for Real World Qualitative Market Research in the MBA Classroom” presented within the Marketing Education Track at the ASBBS Annual Meeting in Las Vegas.
- Spring 2005: Published article titled “Online Analytical Processing (OLAP) for New Venture Management and Monitoring: An Exploratory Field Study” in the Rivier College Online Academic Journal, Volume 1.
- Recognized with “Best Reviewer” Award at the Institute of Behavioral and Applied Management (IBAM) 12th Annual Meeting in Providence, RI, 2004.