Rivier's Division of Business strives to become a leading center for business education and global engagement via development and delivery of programs instilling in the hearts and minds of students a holistic view of global business.
Rivier's Division of Business educates and develops future leaders, inspiring them to serve the world.
- Develop and deliver comprehensive business programs preparing students to succeed in competitive business environments
- Help students understand interconnectedness of business functions and disciplines and master their knowledge to become leaders
- Instill in student minds a holistic view of business with an emphasis on business ethics and corporate social responsibility
- Connect core business concepts with understanding of competitive intelligence, national and transnational security
- Facilitate the learning process, using personal communications, online tools and other teaching methods rendered by contemporary technologies
- Educate students about intricacies of culture and its impact within the organization, nationwide and globally
Rivier’s Division of Business delivers high-quality, hands-on programs that prepare students for leadership roles. We’ll help you develop broad business knowledge, hone your critical thinking and decision-making skills, and learn ethical business practices.
- Traditional day program: B.S. Business Management; B.S. Finance; B.S. Management/MBA four plus one program; B.S. Marketing; B.S. Marketing Communications; B.S. Homeland and International Security
- B.S. in Business Administration for busy adults (undergraduate professional studies)
- Evening program including hybrid, online, and weekend courses
Our undergraduate programs provide a broad overview of business fundamentals, as well as in-depth specialization in your chosen field. You’ll learn to communicate effectively with your professional colleagues and make sound decisions. Our faculty have real-world experience—they’ll help you understand how concepts in readings and assignments apply to the workplace.
Rivier’s B.S. in Homeland and International Security program allows students to examine global security issues and the policy responses to those issues, with special emphasis on emerging transnational threats. These threats include, but are not limited to, terrorism, weapons of mass destruction, regional and ethnic conflicts, international crime.
The B.S. in Marketing Communications will teach students in the public relations and advertising program the fundamentals of these inter-related fields, gaining both theoretical and practical knowledge in public relations and advertising. This degree has two distinct features is interdisciplinary, combining the fields of communication, business, and art; and is also practical, requiring internships both in the sophomore and senior years.
Choose the graduate program that’s right for you—with accelerated, online, and weekend courses, Rivier can help you advance your career. Take advantage of our flexible scheduling and course offerings. Whether you choose a traditional MBA or an MBA in marketing, we’ll help you build the skills you need to succeed. Students can build individual concentrations and balance core courses in business fundamentals with four elective courses.
We offer four graduate degree programs in Business Administration. The courses are offered via hybrid, online, and weekend formats. The Master of Business Administration degree is a program aimed at broad education in the traditional functional areas of business, as well as in the cross-disciplinary skills of leadership, problem-solving, and strategic management. The MBA in Healthcare Administration delivers proficiency in managing core business functions with additional emphasis on information management, compliance, risk management, and policy development in healthcare environments. The MBA in Information Technology Management offers a strong foundation in business functions while providing concentrated study in the practicalities of managing information technology, including E-business considerations, computer security, and process improvement. The MBA in Marketing degree program provides both a broad-based competency in leadership, problem-solving, strategic management as well as specialized education in the areas of market research, advertising and sales management.
Our faculty are experienced business practitioners committed to excellence in teaching. Eighty percent of Rivier’s graduate business students work full-time, so your classmates have valuable experience to share as well.
Our graduates are employed by major corporations, healthcare providers, and nonprofits in southern New Hampshire and northern Massachusetts:
- Fidelity Investments
- Hewlett Packard
- BAE Systems
- Nashua Corporation
- Catholic Medical Center
- New Hampshire Higher Education Assistance Foundation
- Academic Excellence. Professors have solid academic credentials in their field, and they’re recognized business practitioners.
- Personal Attention. Small classes mean that faculty get to know you—they’ll serve as mentors to help you reach your career and educational goals.
- Hands-on Approach. You’ll learn through individual and team projects, role-playing, and case study evaluations. You can also build your resume through practical training and internships at area businesses. Rivier alumni offer a rich network in small companies, large corporations, and nonprofits in the region.
- Business Students Association. This active organization brings speakers to campus and plans informational trips throughout the year. Students have gotten behind-the-scenes peeks into Fenway Park, United Parcel Service, Stonyfield Farm, and Foxwoods Casino.