Department of Education
Meet Naomi A. Schoenfeld
Undergraduate Special Education and Graduate Behavioral Disorders
Ph.D., Arizona State University
M.A., University of Arizona
B.A., Queens College, CUNY
- Special Education-Emotional/Behavioral Disorders
- Special Education-Inclusive/General Special Education
- Integration of Research and Practice
- Single-Subject Research
An active researcher, writer, and teacher, Dr. Naomi A. Schoenfeld offers undergraduate courses in human exceptionality and special needs accommodation, graduate courses in emotional/behavioral disabilities in children and youth, and doctoral courses in research design.
Dr. Schoenfeld began her career as a special education teacher, before continuing to her doctorate in Curriculum and Instruction with a focus on internalizing behavior disorders in the elementary grades. She is active both regionally and nationally on a number of research fronts, and is a strong advocate for the inclusion and accommodation of children with behavioral difficulties in general education settings.
Also actively involved in the community, Schoenfeld is Foundation President for the Council for Children with Behavioral Disorders.
- Alqahtani, H. H., & Schoenfeld, N. A. (2014). Teaching Cooking Skills to Young Women with Mild Intellectual Disability: The Effectiveness of Internet Websites. Current Issues in Education, 17 (2), 1-9.
- Rock, M. L., Schoenfeld, N. A., Ploessl, D. M., & Salter, A. (2014). Can you Skype me now? Developing teachers classroom management practices through virtual coaching. Beyond Behavior, 22 (3).
- Schoenfeld, N. A., Janney, D., & Rekart, J. L. (2013). Who is writing? Author affiliation across peer-reviewed journals of Emotional or Behavioral Disorders, 2000 to 2010. Behavioral Disorders, 38 (2), 88-98.
- Green, J., Matthews, S., Carter, E., Fabrizio, J, Hoover, J., & Schoenfeld, N. A. (2013). The Diamond Model: A unique elementary RTI model that meets the needs of all learners. Intervention in School and Clinic, 48 (4).
- Mathur, S. R., & Schoenfeld, N. A. (2011). Effective Instructional Practices in Juvenile Justice Facilities. Behavioral Disorders, 36 (1), 20-27.
- Ploessl, D., Rock, M. L., Schoenfeld, N.A, & Brook, B. (2010). On the same page: Practical techniques to enhance co-teaching interactions. Intervention in School and Clinic. 45 (3), 158-168.
- Schoenfeld, N. A. (2010). Reading, literature, and spirituality: The transformative power of education. Rivier Insight, 6 (2). Retrieved from http://www.rivier.edu/journal/