Department of Nursing and Health Professions
Meet Sarah M. Phillips, MS, MPH
MPH in Epidemiology and Biostatistics, Tufts University School of Medicine, Boston, Mass.
MS in Nutrition, Tufts University, Friedman School of Nutrition Science & Policy, Medford, Mass.
B.A. in Biology, Vassar College, Poughkeepsie, NY
- Nutritional Epidemiology
- Childhood Obesity
- Developmental Disabilities
- Public Health
Courses Taught:Recent Publications
Intro to Public Health
- Stanish HI, Curtin C, Must A, Phillips S, Maslin M, Bandini LG. Physical activity levels, frequency, and type among adolescents with and without autism spectrum disorder. J Autism Dev Disord. 2017;47(3):785-94.
- Bandini LG, Curtin C, Phillips S, Anderson SE, Maslin M, Must A. Changes in food selectivity in children with autism spectrum disorder. J Autism Dev Disord. 2017;47(2):439-46.
- Curtin C, Must A, Phillips S, Bandini L. The healthy weight research network: A research agenda to promote healthy weight among youth with autism spectrum disorder and other developmental disabilities. Pediatr Obes. 2017;12(1):e6-9.
- Must A, Eliasziw M, Phillips SM, Curtin C, Kral TVE, Segal M, Sherwood NE, Sikich L, Stanish HI, Bandini LG. The effect of age on the prevalence of obesity among US youth with autism spectrum disorder. Child Obes. 2017;13(1):25-35.
- Segal M, Eliasziw M, Phillips S, Bandini L, Curtin C, Kral TVE, Sherwood NE, Sikich L, Stanish H, Must A. Intellectual disability is associated with increased risk for obesity in a nationally representative sample of U.S. children. Disabil Health J. 2016;9(3):392-8.
- Curtin C, Bandini LG, Must A, Phillips S, Maslin MCT, Lo C, Gleason JM, Fleming RK, Stanish HI. Including youth with intellectual disabilities in health promotion research: Development and reliability of a structured interview to assess the correlates of physical activity among youth. J Appl Res Intellect Disabil. 2016;29(4):378-86
- Stanish HI, Curtin C, Must A, Phillips S, Maslin M, Bandini LG. Physical activity enjoyment, perceived barriers, and beliefs among adolescents with and without intellectual disabilities. J Phys Act Health. 2016;13(1):102-10.
- Must A, Phillips S, Curtin C, Bandini LG. Barriers to physical activity in children with autism spectrum disorders: Relationship to physical activity and screen time. J Phys Act Health. 2015;12(4):529-34.
- Stanish H, Curtin C, Must A, Phillips S, Maslin M, Bandini L. Enjoyment, barriers, and beliefs about physical activity in adolescents with and without autism spectrum disorder. Adapt Phys Act Q. 2015;32(4):307-17.
- Must A, Phillips SM, Curtin C, Anderson SE, Maslin M, Lividini K, Bandini LG. Comparison of sedentary behaviors between children with autism spectrum disorders and typically developing children. Autism. 2014;18(4):376-84.