Many faculty wonder what they should expect students to be able to do as writers when they have finished FYS-Writing. Every section of ENG 115 FYS-Writing pursues the following course objectives. Students will be able to
- Compose cogent written summaries, interpretations, and evaluations of the ways in which the human person and non-human creation is defined, explored, and articulated in range of expositional and argumentative texts.
- Compose cogent written arguments about the human person or non-human creation.
- Clearly discuss these summaries, interpretations, evaluations, and arguments.
- Compose a cogent oral/visual argument about a topic related to the issues of the dignity of the human person or non-human creation.
- Incorporate library-based research for 1, 2, and 4, and accurately use appropriate citation format.
- Solidify and expand use of writing process in 1, 2, and 4.