Career Development Center
League of Conservation Voters,
Posted: 03/15/2016Title: Field Intern - NH Status: Unpaid
LCV works to turn environmental values into national, state and local priorities. LCV, in collaboration with our state LCV partners, advocates for sound environmental laws and policies, holds elected officials accountable for their votes and actions, and elects pro-environment candidates who will champion our priority issues. More information can be found at www.lcv.org .
In New Hampshire, The League of Conservation Voters (LCV) seeks Spring/Summer 2016 interns in Manchester and Portsmouth to help lead field activities to push for action on climate change.
Successful interns will have excellent interpersonal skills, committed interest in environmental issues, and proficiency with Microsoft Suite and the capacity to learn new programs. No previous experience necessary. Class credit may be available depending on your school’s requirements.
• Learn proven organizing skills to recruit, train and mobilize volunteers to take action on federal, state and local issues dealing with carbon pollution and climate change
• Organizing on-campus events to raise awareness of the devastating effects of climate change and the need for immediate federal, state, and local action
• Helping grow the program in the community
• Recruiting friends to complete volunteer actions
• Making volunteer recruitment calls
• Interns will work from the Manchester or Portsmouth office.
• Interns may earn course credits according to campus requirements. Internships for no credit can also be discussed with managing supervisor. The position is unpaid.
• Interns are responsible for finding a faculty sponsor and meeting all internship requirements of the college or university.
Applicants should submit their resume and a brief paragraph describing their skills and interests to firstname.lastname@example.org