Career Development Center
Development and Communications Intern
Big Brothers Big Sisters ,
Posted: Updated Regularly The Development and Communications Intern Position
Supervisor: Varies depending on location.
Length/time of Position: Varies depending on your degree program requirements.
General Summary: This intern will work directly with and report to the Development and Communication Team to assist with administrative, development, marketing projects & efforts, and community outreach.
Examples of Duties:
• Work with Team on coordinating fundraising events
• Work on marketing and communications materials
• Assist with community partners and relations
• Administrative duties including Power Point and Excel
• Computer skills—Outlook, Excel, Publisher, Power Point
• Enthusiasm for the mission of helping children succeed
• Positive attitude
• Excellent writing and communication skills
• An interest in the fields of development, special event planning and communications
Benefits to Volunteer:
This volunteer will learn and gain exposure to professionalism and independence in the workplace while gaining valuable experience in the fields of development, special event planning, communications and community outreach. The volunteer will gain first-hand experience in working on various marketing and development projects to further the agency’s mission. This candidate will have exposure to the specialized program of BBBSNH and share the opportunity of having a positive impact on youth on the Seacoast. The volunteer will receive feedback on work productivity, as well as having access to a professional and supportive office environment.
Contact: Jolene Felix
603.430.1140 ext. 2403