Looking for a way to use your degree?
Wanting to gain professional experience?
Needing to earn money for graduate school or to pay off student loans?
The AmeriCorps Victim Assistance Program is seeking full & part-time domestic and sexual violence and stalking advocates. Positions are available throughout New Hampshire at crisis centers, police departments, prosecutor offices, Department of Corrections, Department of Justice, child advocacy centers & colleges and universities.
• At least 18 years of age.
• Commitment to community service.
• Interest in the issues of domestic and sexual violence and stalking.
• Ability to work independently with limited supervision.
• Ability to remain non-judgmental and open-minded.
• High level of maturity and ability to work as a team player.
• No prior related experience necessary.
• Full-time commitment, Monday through Friday
• 1700 hours or half-time commitment of 900 hours
• Valid driver’s license
• Reliable transportation and automobile insurance
(Please Note: There are a few sites that do not require member to have license.)
(For full-time 12 month positions)
• Living stipend of $232.69 per week (before taxes)
• Health Insurance if not covered by other health insurance
• Child Care Benefits (if member meets eligibility requirements)
• Educational award of $5,500 (upon successful completion of program requirements)
Living arrangements are the responsibility of the participating AmeriCorps members. Potential members interested in housing lists should contact the AVAP office.
To receive an application visit our web site at http://www.avap1.org/or call (603) 224-6466. We encourage men and women of diverse backgrounds and experiences to apply